Quote Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Assassin's Critical seems less than worthwhile. Ranged weapons have such a low rate of critting to begin with that it doesn't seem like the feat would come into play ver often.
True. Although the one advantage of Assassin's Critical is that it's not limited by the usual 30-foot maximum on ranged sneak attacks. I'd see it being picked up by someone who also picked up Improved Critical. I'm not sure if that's busted, appropriate, or too weak (as you say).

The major problem with ranged sneak attack versus melee is that melee will get more attacks and thus more sneak attack, thanks to TWF.
This is less of a problem in this particular case, because she's already got Rapid Reload.

Have you considered just offering the player skirmish instead or to retrain into scout? The two classes are mechanically very similar, except the precision damage is easier to qualify for with ranged attacks.
Good thoughts. She prefers the straight rogue class for other reasons, though, so I'm trying to work with what she wants. :)

Justin Alexander
http://www.thealexandrian.net