Quote Originally Posted by Roderick_BR View Post
True. I saw somewhere someone showing a build for a 20th level cleric that could dust Vecna himself with one Turn roll.
Yeah, stack a few levels of RSoP for the Glory Domain, and a few levels of Sacred Exorcist (undead), grab the feat Improved Turning, pick up the Sacred enhancement on both shield and armor, get a Phylactery of Undead Turning, and a Rod of Defiance. Buy an Ephod of Authority from the MIC. You now turn something like level +16 before rolling. A good roll (or a bad roll with enough +cha or +cha check items) nets you with another +4. So a level 20 cleric/RSoP/SE can nab undead that are around 40 HD. Have a friendly bard play a Lyre of Restful souls for another +4 efffectively. Because you have Sun Domain and levels in RSoP, that is a greater turning, which means that undead that are affected by turning are destroyed instead. I haven't seen any stats for Vecna, but I can't imagine him having too many more than 44 HD, even as a god. You can certainly dust all of his aspects and avatars at will though.

And turning as a CR would get rediculously OP as a specialized turner. Imagine a cleric dusting a CR 40 creature, instead of just a 40 HD creature. Thats around enough to destroy that floating baby god fetus abomination over on d20srd.com. And its supposed to be an epic challenge, which barely lasts a single round vs a well prepared cleric.

And to the person who will undoubtedly say it. The cleric with the gear I mentioned above hasn't totally gimped himself out to do this trick. He's spent only a small portion of his WBL for a level 20 char to aquire this gear, most of the abilities and feats are standard cleric stuff anyway, and he still has full casting.