View Single Post

Thread: History Monks

1. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: History Monks

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintransit View Post
    Lol, this was a misunderstanding, when I said a monks abilities, i meant the History Monks abilities not a regular monks abilities. The History monks, as per fluff, are not stopped in a magic field, only a complete shattering of time halts them on that plane!
    I see, Extrordinary does seem to be a good fit them.

Not a problem, you have been very helpful even so!
    I do what I can.

another misunderstanding I'm affraid! In our world rouges have to be chaotic, but i can see why in regular games it would be a problem.
    Well, unless you specify that you're developing the content for a specific set of house rules, the assumption is that you're using baseline d20.

I completly forgot about magic weapons and elemental damage! I'm thinking of putting in a limit to monk weapons or unarmed only...
    That would be consistant with the baseline Monk and is proably a good balancing technique.

Its the same action as a barbarians rage class feature, hence copying the text!
    Well, so it is. Still, the Barbarian rage rules are silly. It's a free action. There is no game play difference. I don't know why the Barbarian is written that way, but you should just say it's a free action.

See above for the first part in response to attacking with weapons, as for the second part if you look at the Djim table it says that the bonus attacks are only gained when making a full attack action, hence you can only gain the attacks whgen full attacking!
    Ah, silly me. I was looking at the rules text and somehow missed the part in the table. I think it might be clearer if you wrote a paragraph explaining what the benifits of a Dijim are, with a bit about referencing the table for the specific numbers. This would also allow you to reduce the vertical height of the table by reducing the length of the extra attacks sections. For instance, something like this:

While in a Dijim state, the Time Monk gains a number of benefits due to his highly accelerated speed. He gains a <type> bonus to armor class, attack and damage rolls, and reflex saves, and his speed increases. Additionally, when making a full attack, he gains a number of additional attacks at his full attack modifier. See the table below for the exact benefits gained at each Dijim level.

This would be more like the way such rules are normally worded. You should also specify a type for the bonuses granted. I put "<type>" in the above example because I'm not familar enough with the source material to make a good judgement as to what type the bonuses should be.

Also note that I specified "full attack modifier" rather than "full base attack bonus". This is because there are a number of effects (such as using Power Attack or Combat Expertise, taking a pentalty to attack due to a negative condition or dual weilding, etc.) that can make one's attack modifier different from one's base attack bonus. Also, your base attack bonus (even when "full") doesn't include your strength, size bonus, etc.
    Last edited by levi; 2007-11-20 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Minor Formatting and Spelling Fixes