Well, one of our characters is a VoP monk, so a fifth of the value is being given away to charity. The DM has also just posted a post on our forum that we can only get around 40% due to the fact that there's not a big market for magic items in Nordmaar and there's only one magic item shop in the town we're in, so that also cuts down on the amount of gold we can get for it.

The problem with giving it away is that we're in the War of the Lance and really have no allies aside from the people of Nordmaar who were responsible for giving us that Keen Longsword, so...

The DM intended the Assassin to rough us up and get overwhelmed before fleeing, but she got stunned in the first round and dropped her short swords, leading to our Warlock/Marshal repeatedly disarming her with his spiked chain (oddly enough, his build makes no sense, but he's one of the most useful characters in the party).

This WBL does, however, make up a little bit for the fact that my character is basically a dulled down Aristocrat with magic items (Good/Neutral gods haven't been discovered yet and I'm playing a cleric, so while I have the Blue Crystal Staff, I can't do much else).