Okay, I will just put it this way.

If played correctly, fighter/rogue/dread commando is the best non-caster combo in the whole game. Yes it is better than whatever else you just thought of to counter it. It is, indeed, all that and the proverbial bag of f***in' chips.

Excellent AC while still stealthing thanks to Armored Ease (such as that afforded by, say, mithril full-plate with no ACP), excellent BAB thanks to two full progression classes, can run while stealthing, has excellent damage thanks to Sneak Attack and Sudden Strike (if you've got another warrior type, flank with this sucker and a greatsword and you'll take practically anything down in one full-attack), has an insane range of class skills and a completely respectable number of points to spend on them, upper-middle range HP, good proficiencies, etc. If properly outfitted, it can take a straight-up combat class in a one-on-one fight pretty easy, and still be able to sneak around, disarm traps, bluff, use magic devices, etc. Running up to an enemy undetected, and then stabbing him with your greatsword for upwards of 50 damage on a single strike never gets old.

I once designed a guy like this who had a ring of featherfall, and he was designed to essentially be a D&D paratrooper. Wearing full-plate. With stealth-capabilities. And enough extra skill points left over and little enough ACP that I could make him a parkour expert. While wearing full-plate.

T'was awesome. [/rantoflove]