Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
i dont know what you mean about ninjas being a level ahead in sudden strike, so me it looks the same (though you will get a level ahead if you prestige into assassin).

Also, having played a ninja, relying on sudden strike is a pretty serious draw back, and being able to turn invisible is pretty cool, but it is pretty limited how many times you can do it in a day and you need to use it just about any time that you need to sneak attack (getting a ring of improved invis 3/day or the like, is key, you can calculate the cost from the DMG).

I would recommend improved initiative, contrary to previous recommendations, as going before everyone else is a key way to get your sudden strike. and i think it is a powerful feat the whole way through, especially if you are a dex class (it seems like dex and initiative is one of the things that doesnt scale *as much* as other things--BA, hitpoints and grapple i am looking right at you).

and i would read your character history. having a life is overrated. I wish more people gave their character histories on this site. good character histories are more interesting that most of what gets up on these boards anyway.
I was under the mistaken impression that rogue didn't get their first sneak attack until level 2. Just checked it out... whoops.

Yeah, i finally settled on improved initiative because I can get a sudden strike off by winning initiative. I have a decent wisdom, so I get a pretty decent ki pool... and I'll be doing a bit of tumbling, so I'm pretty sure I can get sudden strike often enough to pay off.

If I do a formal write-up on the guy, I'll post it here later. Just 'cause.

What I really like is the racial stuff. Just a cool race, overall... and here I heard Sandstorm and the other "terrain based" books were terrible.