Worth getting? I have Frostburn, and found it very fun. I haven't read through a lot of the fluff in it, (I should get around to that), but I do like the environmental hazards and the like. I just far prefer throwing this kind of thing at players instead of just straight monsters. Or, even better, both, (I find it is actually more fun if the enemies aren't adapted to the environment either).

Well, I'm now trying to decide whether or not to buy Sandstorm. I have a method of referencing any information in it, but it is awkward and slow, and if I actually want the information and inspiration available, I'd far prefer to buy it and leaf through it. I'm just trying to decide whether it is worth buying as a full book, instead of just keeping as a hard to get to reference.

Lastly, there is also Stormwrack. It is slightly different from the other two. I am particularly skeptical about buying Stormwrack, because, ironically, I am running a somewhat sea-based campaign world. My issues with the book are that I don't like the somewhat stupidly suddenly adapted races, like those aquatic humans. I made my own semi-aquatic humans, and they are awesome. Then, most importantly, I find that, IMO, the Stormwrack ship movement, combat, and cannon systems suck. I just hate them. And (although I need to get this confirmed) the book states that it takes a hugely low number of people to run any ships, which I know from research are generally crewed with hundreds of people to the point where you are wondering where they'd all find a place to sleep, let alone work. I need to find out whether it is actually possible to crew a ship at no penalty with only like 5 people, when it usually sails with a crew of 400. Seems to me like they made it for adventuring parties.

It may be possible for a very small group of people to keep a ship just running enough to travel from one place to another in safe weather, but I think any serious weather or combat and you'd need a pretty substantial crew to actually do anything.

Ok, I'm just babbling now. I tend to do that. The only reason I can see for getting Stormwrack is to get some measure of information out of it to meld with my system, ie fitting in the little things that translate down on the player level instead of the ship level, like how a listing ship messes with players. Also, environments like the thick kelp beds, sea creatures available, and possible inspiration through fluff.