1. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Is 38 good enough AC to tank at level 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Myatar_Panwar View Post
    If you want to tank in D&D, either take 1 level in crusader (or just go crusader full, D10 HD + the ability to cast healing spells when hitting somebody, and that ability to block attacks on your allies= win) or take a couple of feats and get the crusader stance Iron Guards Glare. it makes it so that if you are adjacent to an enemy and that enemy attempts to attack someone else, they take a -4 on that attack, and they are aware of the effect. So unless you are fighting mindless zombies all of the time, this is very good.

Edit: Oh yeah, crusaders also have the ability to ignore damage temporarily, I think it would be 20dmg max at your level.
    While I have the BoNS/ToB, I have yet to ask the DM to allow it.
    I feel it would be too much of rule change (Fighters actually useful/fun and not one trick ponies!)
    He still thinks Duskblades are overpowered. I fear he'll think worst of ToB.
    Oh and he also has an irrational fear of psionics (they are banned too).

So I'm left with Complete 1.0 (warrior, arcane, divine, adventurer), Core, Item Compendruim (1/2 the book, not all), and 10 spells okay'd from Spell Compendruim (very little else, I finally at least got him to understand they are reprints not new spells). PHB 2 also.

I can't be Lawful so no Knight either.
    Plus, it wouldn't fit my characer concept.

I'm currently a 1/2 Dragon Level 12 character (ECL 15)
    7 Warlock/2 Acoltye of Skin/3 Wild Mage
    And my character has been taught all his life he was the village guard (it was a good job at low levels) so he thinks he can fight.
    But all his life it always took more to improve even a little. His friends learned new stuff all the time (leveled faster), but he has to work twice as hard to improve a tiny bit.
    A little like Naruto (he probably has a level adjustent as well come to think of it).

I have 22 Str (8 from 1/2 Dragon, 2 from magic item) so I can reasonable fight.
    Warlock gives DR 2/cold iron (who uses it? It costs more to enhance magic weapons)
    So effectively, I have DR 2 usually.

I can fly (warriors need to fly at high levels), I can see invisible stuff, darkvision, dispel magic (not greater), curse people (Bestow curse), and can trap people in tentacles for battlefied control.

If I buy the ring of freedom of movement: Than I could concievably do battlefield control without being affected by the ability... hmmm (save up I guess).