Quote Originally Posted by Yakk View Post
Tidy it up:

Max Int: The intelligence of the pre-Zombie creature.

Eat Brains: Eating brains is a full round action. It works on any living helpless intelligent target with a brain, or any dead target who was intelligent with a brain dead for less than a minute.

It grants 1d6 HP, +1d6 for every size category larger than medium of the target, HP. These HP can exceed the Zombie's max HP, but such excess HP decay at a rate of 50% every minute.

It also grants brain points. 1 brain point base, plus 1 for every size category greater than medium, plus the intelligence modifier of the target. Negative brain points is not allowed.

Accumulated brain points grants benefits. Every 20 brain points grants +1 intelligence, a +1 insight bonus to AC, DR 1/-. These benefits are capped at the natural intelligence of the creature.

The Mindeater Zombie loses 1 brain point per intelligence per day.

Some Mindeater Zombies become geniuses. These can have up to +5 intelligence over the base creature, and can also increase their wisdom and charisma by 5 each. Their Brain Points decay at twice as fast a rate, however.

Some Mindeater Zombies aquire Psionics from eating the brains of a Psionic victim. They gain Psionic class levels.

They have access to a Psionic Braineat -- a full round ranged touch attack with 30+5' for every 2 Manifesters levels, resisted by will that does 1d4 temporary damage to all 3 of int, wis and cha . If the target is reduced to 0 in any mental stat, the Brain is considered eaten.

Braineater Zombies can consume 20 Brain Points to have a full action rather than a Standard action on a round.
I think you're fiddling with mechanics that don't need fiddling. You're also being cruel to the poor things.

20 brain points for one int? Lose brain points per DAY equal to your intelligence? 20 Brain points to have a full-round action? A 10 int braineater would have to eat two ithillid brains a day to maintain a steady score, six if he wanted to go up by one, and ten if he wanted ONE full round action that day. and that's in +4 brains! He'd have to eat fifty commoners in a single day to get that effect, and all within one minute of killing them! The cost is ridiculous! At single actions, this would be impossible to maintain.

Your rephrasing is good, and I appreciate that. I'll use parts of it.