View Single Post

Thread: Blasphemous Preacher (Far Realms Class)

1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Blasphemous Preacher (Far Realms Class)

Um, Heroes of Horror has its own set of Depravity/Corruption rules. I would have built some mechanics into the class but I didn't want to require the use of yet another source book and I wanted good blasphemous preachers to be a possibility. However, here is an alternate ability for those who want to use those taint mechanics.

Tainted Blasphemer
    Your contact with creatures beyond the stars have tainted your mind and body, changing you drastically.
    Class: Blasphemous Preacher
    Level: 1st
    Special Requirement: Evil Alignment
    Replaces: Unnatural Air and Clarity in Madness
    Benefits: You instantly gain 2 points of corruption and depravity. In addition, you gain 2 addition points of corruption and depravity whenever you take an additional level in Blasphemous Preacher. Furthermore, whenever you use your blasphemous secrets class feature, you gain 1 temporary point of corruption and depravity that lasts for 1 week.
    Although you are definitely tainted, you are better able to resist outward sources of taint, gaining a bonus equal to 1/2 your class level on all saving throws made to resist accumulating taint. However, you may not be cured of taint by any means.
    Any symptom of corruption that you gain may be replaced with internal corruption. If this replacement is made, the corruption becomes external under no circumstances, even while in a tainted area.
    At the beginning of an encounter, your taint actively protects you as your corruption bolsters your body and your depravity shows you how to dodge. You gain a number of temporary hit points equal to 1/2 of your corruption score and an insight bonus to your AC equal to 1/2 of your depravity score. However, this state hinders your consciousness, rendering you capable of only taking one move or standard aciton each round. These bonuses last for 1 round if you suffer from mild taint, 3 rounds if you suffer from moderate taint, or 5 rounds if you suffer from severe taint.
    Unlike others, you do not become a tainted reaver or tainted minion if your corruption and depravity scores drive you insane or kill you. Instead, when either taint score grows too high for you to handle, you appear to suffer the normal effects (insanity or death), only to be snatched away by otherworldly powers when you are next alone.
    Although taint usually results from exposure to evil, taint gained through these means representative of the crystallization of one's own evil through exposure to unimaginable thoughts and creatures.

What I did:
    Outside of his homeground (tainted areas), he looks like a complete lunatic.
    WIthin his homeground, his insanity is gone, replaces by a series of disturbing physical mutations.
    He is better at handling alien creatures without accumulating taint.
    When relying on the taint within them, they can become nearly invincible for a short time. However, while "invincible", they may use neither their spell-like abilities, their summons, nor their blasphemous secrets.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2008-03-28 at 09:51 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature