Quote Originally Posted by Rollin View Post
Ah, but what if Stanley manages to reach Faq, and makes it his capital (and thus Parson's), before Jillian croaks him? Then it could play out exactly that way. Depending on what the rules are, of course.
It could work out that way, but it seems very unlikely to me. The way I see it:
  1. Jillian is properly considered the heir of Banhammer, not of Faq. She would have inherited Faq because it was Banhammer's. It isn't any more.
  2. Jillian is not Stanley's heir and therefore would not inherit the city from him if he fell.
  3. It's not clear what happens to the outlying cities when the capital falls along with the leader. Maybe all cities on that side automatically go over to the victor, but it seems more likely that they'd become disbanded or unallied and would have to be taken separately
  4. Parson isn't in Faq, so it's more likely he'd be disbanded or unallied when Stanley fell.

At the end of it all, too many unknowns and too many assumptions. I'm expecting that even in that scenario, Parson and company would still be expected to disband or become unallied. He would become Jillian's only if he were in the city she conquered. Still, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out in the comic.

Recall also that Stanley told Parson and company that GK would continue to support them as long as it stood. He didn't bring his own survival into the equation. That might mean that Parson's survival depends on the city, not on Stanley; or it might mean that Stanley is so full of himself that being croaked is inconceivable to him.