View Single Post

Thread: Playing Orcs

1. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Playing Orcs

Kol, you make some good points. And I like to think that I'm a good DM, and, I think my players do too, since they asked me to create such a campaign centred around Orcs. I can (usually) work around such things.

Spoiler
    Show

Due to the nature of the Homebrew World, the Orcs (and goblins) are basically humanoids (and halflings)-turned-demon a long time in the past, through the workings of demonic 'Gods', and basically made the Orcs slaves.
    Long history later, the Orcs are no longer 'tools' of demons, and 'creating' their own pantheon of Gods.
    And in the current timeline are just considered 'baser humans'. Although the Orcs themselves know that they have the 'taint' inside them, which may or may not manifest itself as time goes on (A barbarian's Rage is letting the demonic-ness out).
    Favoured Class: Warlock or Barbarian
    This isn't something I've made up 'just for these guys'. This is a world where I DM most of my campaigns. There's only one kind of elf!

So, whilst optimisation isn't necessarily important, by the way their characters are built, it would limit what I can proverbially throw at them. Such as spellcasters (although the World already has casters 'capped' at 14).

One player is confirmed as a Favoured Soul, he will be the 'leader' of the group.
    Another is confirmed as a Warlock. Personally, I think he just wants to be an Orc with wings...
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-05-06 at 11:34 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome