Quote Originally Posted by Lordsmoothe View Post
Words of Creation is always good. If I get to 18, and BoED is allowed, I always take. At that point 3d4 nonlethal nets me +4 or more to my inspire courage.

When using PA with Leap attack, each +1 from inspire courage adds +3 to damage (allows you to PA for 1 more point and still hit) on a charge. With the bonus damage this means +4 damage per point of inspire courage. Having a Keen Falchion means that 1 out of 4 swings will double that. Each 1d6 adds an average of 3.5 damage to a hit. Therefore, if you're using a 2-hander and PA, basic inspire is better.
Actually, Leap Attack doubles everything so +5. However, if you have enough other boosts to hit (such as Shock Trooper), you can PA for full anyways and therefore Inspire Courage-bonuses would just add extra 5% to hit. Also, Inspire Courage is Morale-bonus, so Heroism-spells give the same point bonus, and thus would overlap with Inspire Courage but stack with Dragonfire Inspiration.

TWF has the issue that it's very feat intensive, but with few level feat dips (Martial Rogue, for example), you can pull it off. Of course, Flaws work too.