I miss them. In fact, I've just lately started trying to incorporate AD&D combat into 3.5. Takes a lot of work, but it's doable and I'm sure I'll love it way more. Also, I'm trying to convert the Exp-tables into 3.5 so that everyone levels at the same pace, but the actual gains from those levels come paced in accordance to when they'd gain levels in AD&D (effectively, higher curve classes gain class features later than in 3.X tables; this means that for example 9th level spells won't probably be available pre-Epic). Finally, I really want weapon speed and casting times back into the system.

We've thought of playing a real AD&D game again in near future, but if we can incorporate the things we liked about it into 3.X, that may not be necessary as god knows, there's a lot we really like in 3.X too (free multiclassing, open skill system, feat trees, etc.). I figured it may be necessary to fool around with the classes to make casters easier to multiclass with, but other than that, I really like much of the 3.X systems too. Really though, what I wanna play is a D&D compendium of sorts, taking the best of all worlds.