View Single Post

Thread: The final shift

1. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The final shift

Well I have never heard of anyone banning ALL prestige classes in favor of their own. And power points have always existed in psionics. I think what you're saying is "changing dnd to much makes it not dnd" but thats what DnD is, a game where people make up stuff and play. The rules can't make everything, and in earlier editions this was especially true to the point of common combat strategies being without rules. Changing DnD is PART of DnD as much as magic missile and beholders. Heck, other companies make content for DnD, why can't I? guys besides Gary Gygax make books now, make new classes and prestige classes, how is us, the gamers, making things different?

I suppose it is true, i play a very strange edit of Ravenloft for my campaign, not DnD. But...Really, i roll a d20 to attack my ogres just like Gary did for so many years.

Also...How is this homebrew?

Your's,
    Atticus Bleak
    Last edited by Atticus Bleak; 2008-05-13 at 02:55 AM. Reason: spelling and content
    ..."With my sword raised high, I salute you. With my glass in hand, I toast you. With my head bowed in respect, I mourn you. You will be missed Gary."

Ernest Gary Gygax (July 27, 1939-March 4, 2008)

May your rolls be high, and your treasure plentiful.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.