Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
Lastly, the Sorcerer is an artifact of the 3E ruleset, more specifically, it is an answer to the wizard's prepared-spell-only casting method. As such, it is an obsolete concept, seeing as how wizards now have per-encounter spell power. What would sorcerer do that a wizard could not already? That question needs to be answered before anyone makes Teh Besst Sorseror Bild, Lik Evar. As of right now, I don't think most people understand the 4E game well enough to adequately even begin.
I think it was stated that Sorcerers would be highly elementally focused, and would have riding "aura" effects with their spells.

For instance, whenever they cast a Cold-type spell, a big aura of ice would emanate from them for a turn, slowing enemy movement through the area. When they cast a Fire-type spell, a big aura of fire would emanate from them for a turn, dealing damage to enemies who move through the area.

They're like a walking zone of control.

Druids, on the other hand, I believe they said would be Strikers focusing completely on the shapeshifting aspect and not the summoning aspect (with a few weather bits thrown in for good measure).