View Single Post

Thread: Mary Sues; Do YOU harbour them?

1. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mary Sues; Do YOU harbour them?

96 is probably really bad... Looking back, I really can't see how this data makes my character zoom off the charts. He vaguely resembles my ideal self, but also struggles with problems I wouldn't and goes through hell routinely. He's not especially popular and not hated a whole lot, does not attract a lot of affection and while he is gifted, he still goes unnoticed by his peers. He's got magical powers but it's also quite common and (surprise) as the main freaking protagonist in my story, yeah he does save the day more often than anyone else. He doesn't have a very good education, but as a scribe he knows 4 languages. The only thing I can think of that does this is his history of being a constant victim. The ability to fly at great strain without wings (and subsequently become comatose from the energy drain) might also affect it.
    Last edited by FMArthur; 2008-06-03 at 07:27 PM.
    • Chameleon Base Class [3.5]/[PF]: A versatile, morphic class that mimics one basic party role (warrior, caster, sneak, etc) at a time. If you find yourself getting bored of any class you play too long, the Chameleon is for you!
    • Warlock Power Sources [3.5]: Making Hellfire Warlock part of the base class and providing other similar options for Warlocks whose powers don't come from devils.