Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
However, it does raise interesting questions... how does the Feywild go about granting powers like "Avernian Eruption"?
Warlocks are arcane, no one "grants" their power. Their power originates from the feywild, but it is the warlocks own. It is certainly better at doing some things, but the warlock can bend their powers to fit their desires.

I'll admit, the game is very very different from any previous version of D&D, but when you play it, it works very well. The biggest complaint most people have is either a)they don't have (insert class/race here), or b)the classes all feel too generic.

The fact is, the picked a small number of classes to work with, they picked simple easy to use classes that clearly define their role, and they did them very well. We'll see more classes in the future that are a bit more complex or who break their role a little more in the future, but frankly I applaud wizards for trying to get the basics down right before they try to get a shape shifting nature priest working. It should also be noted that while many of the powers feel simple and generic on paper, in application they have a great many uses. I could write an entire essay on how to properly use thunderwave(wizard at-will) and it's one of the more simple powers in the game.