View Single Post

Thread: [4e] Flying Elven Death Squad

1. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] Flying Elven Death Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Edea View Post
    Not a single monster in the MM has Dispel Magic. Not a one. You'll have to make a custom monster specifically to pop it (which, of course, indicates that there's a problem, here). Worse, Dispel Magic requires an attack roll and has an Attack entry; thus, it is an attack, and since the Cloud Chariot cannot be attacked, I'm pretty sure it's immune to Dispel Magic anyway.
    Customizing monsters with the Wizard template isn't a problem, it's incorporated into the ruleset. But otherwise you make a good point. It seems that by RAW the CC would indeed be immune to Dispel. I would rule otherwise as a houserule, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edea
    One of the characters takes the Mounted Combat feat. Done. Actually, they should ALL probably have it eariler anyway, so they can start riding around on more mundane flying mounts before Level 22. It's not like you have to make a Ride check anymore to stay on your mount, and it uses your Stealth checks to hide, not its own.
    I never said anything about that being a problem, my point was that there are no rules for moving it whatsoever.

By RAW, you can't move the CC at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edea
    Why would you ever want to leave it? Everlasting Provisions and a Handy Havesack. That's why these elves are so obese, they never get out of the freakin' car!
    The point wasn't that you would leave it on purpose, the point was that one way to effectively pop a CC would be to use powers or abilities that Push, Pull, or Slide enemies off of it, or Grab them and pull them off.
    Last edited by JaxGaret; 2008-06-29 at 06:06 PM.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. - Friedrich Nietzsche