Beggar's Choice
Spoiler
Show
"I'm Alimor," the elf replies. "I'm one of your passengers. I couldn't sleep so I came down here to see her... the ship legends will be written of." He smiles, lost in his own fantasies for a moment. "Ah, well. We had heard there had been problems, so I just came to see for myself."

Gwen
Spoiler
Show

Gather Information - Your careful questions don't turn up any information on your ship or on who may represent the Bilge Rats, but you get the name of the pirate crew captain: Morsan Blackwell.

Listen - You don't catch anything about the Beggar's Choice or Captain Agarish, but there is much bragging about controlling the docks and you over hear one small group talking about running the Rats out.

Spot - You're being watched, by two others.

One is a weathered, black-haired sailor, a worn, decorative coat draped easily over his shoulders. He has seems to have a certain command in his corner of the room as any who pass near him seem more subdued and careful.

Your other watcher is less obvious. A large rat sits hidden in the shadows of the rafters, its eyes following your movements closely.

Barnacle Jack
Spoiler
Show

Callon nods slowly. "The money is just a symbol of our desire for you help, and does not signify any contract or agreement. We just ask you use your own judgment and caution. Do not worry about contacting us. We will be able to signal you when we wish to discuss further, more important, arrangements. Just look for the rabbit with leaves for ears."

With that, he and his henchmen turn and walk away, disappearing into the fog.

Inside the bag you find gold coins, a ruby, an onyx, and a sapphire, the total of all, you'd estimate, being around 1,000 gp.