View Single Post

Thread: GITP Monster Competition Chat Thread

1. - Top - End - #841
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: GITP Monster Competition Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Hey, we spur eachother on to better and better creations... that is half the point of making it a competition... so people will become better by trying to outdo eachother... someone adds a picture, and suddenly everyone feels like they need one... you do racial feats, and I get off my duff and add the ones I was thinking of.
    Fair enough. I've added four more feats today.

Are you saying to dial it back to say... 1d4 (1d6?) per turning level? Your next comment seems to imply so, but I thought I would double-check...
    It just felt really powerful, and perhaps I'm just imagining it that way. Others should help me on that one.

Well... not in one shot... but "Holy Spray" is capped by the number of times you can turn undead in a day, whereas "Acid Spray" can be used once every 20 minutes (since it requires musk) all day long if you keep an Energy Substituted Delayed Blast Fireball prepared. However it DOES do ~1/4 the damage per shot of the other feat (half the dice per increment, and max spell level ~= half character level).
    Acid Spray does seem okay as is, but it really grows in power with the "Pee Faster" feats, unlike normal reserve feats.

Sounds like it should be a "Go" then. How tough are the prerequisites for those feats? For one thing I PROBABLY need to make "Tail Shield Use" easier to get than "Prehensile Tail" since I ASSUME that the latter at least gives a bonus to climbing trees, and probably allows you to wield 3 hands worth of weapons.
    They're all low prerequisites and can be taken down to level one. I suggest you give "Tail Shield Use" a good special ability to make it unique.

Ok. Of course VT's word is going to be important on this, since it is one of the contest rules, but there WAS a reason I was asking publicly since it is ALSO important that if he says it is "legal" that I know it also won't be seen as a negative point for my races details.
    Just make it worthwhile. Not a must, but something flavorful and unique.

Thank you, I may very well use that...
    Great.
    Last edited by Guyr Adamantine; 2008-07-03 at 02:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strongarm Warrior: An actually worthwhile Monkey Grip-focused PrC!
    Guyr Adamantine Avatar by Tomb Raven.