1. - Top - End - #954
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Avatar d20 Project] Bending System and Bending Classes - Thread II

Actually, when I did my Air Scythe calculations, I didn't even remember to include any extra attacks they get from the Quarterstaff. So it would probably need to be toned down further.

I think a more adequate way to solve the issue of Airbenders is to make a set of seeds that can do a lot of damage, somehow, when paired together. It would require a significant investment in seeds and thus the average airbender would not be able to perform it.

Which brings me to another point - I think action points might be a good fit for this system. Not for a bonus to d20 rolls, as we already have overbending, but Emulate Feat: New Seed would be a good fit with the above. But I'm not sure, any variant rule has to be added in... slowly, and I'm not super familiar with airbenders.

Since last night with the help of my girlfriend, I've been working on overhauling the entire firebender class. When we thought about it, we didn't really see firebenders going all Vegeta-machine-gun on people much, the multiple blows really fast thing isn't really a trademark of bending. The current overhaul I'm designing requires a pretty radical alteration of how bending blasts and deflection works (at its core, the idea that you do not gain extra blasts for iterative attacks) and I'm not sure how well received it'll be. At the least, though, I think some ideas from it might be useful to this project. The firebender is the bender most dependent on the multiple blows aspect, and I think if I work out the kinks in that system, a retrofit to the other benders is easy - IF. I'm currently deadstalled on a few aspects.

So far I've spent about eight hours on this monstrosity and I'm not sure when it'll be done, though I'm aiming for today.
    Last edited by AstralFire; 2008-07-23 at 12:04 PM.

a steampunk fantasy ♦ the novelthe albumthe campaign setting