View Single Post

Thread: Alternate Warlocks (3.5)

1. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Alternate Warlocks (3.5)

Quote Originally Posted by GryffonDurime View Post
    Mmm...an elemental warlock who receives his power from the hosts of the Djinn would be nifty. Lots of Chaos and Evil to draw on there!

I've always loved the Warlock, and I've always been a big proponent of reflavoring it, but sometimes it would just be nice to have some interesting mechanical alternatives to support that fluff. There's a reason we play Dungeons and Dragons and don't just do it freeform, ne?

Interesting Warlock Angles I've always wanted to try and tackle:
    • Shiftlock - What would a Warlock look like with a more decided Shapeshifter bent? PHBII has already provided options for using this at-will for Druids, and Complete Mage includes a couple transformative Invocations.
    • Illusionist - What kind of fun/balance could be struck with a flexible, at-will Illusionist? This one seems hard because it straddles useless and broken like a tourist on the stateline.
    • Alchemist/Transmuationist - I saw someone who once created an Invocation-user that had a golem in lieu of an Eldritch Blast, and battlefield-control invocations. Very interesting.
    • Abjurer Warlock - Mmm, what if the Warlock was all about defense rather than offense? I'm thinking someone with a Sue Storm-esque Forcefield instead of a Blast. Lots of Walls and shapes.
    • Incarnum Warlock - Some kind of support for "Investable" Invocations and the like, possibly even allowing changing your Invocations as soulmelds.
    ya, those are some great ideas, i love the djinn heretige idea and the alchemist with an improving golem. also shneeky, the invocation priest sounds pretty awesome. if either of you have the stats for these warlock classes please post them.
    Last edited by cliffiepizza; 2008-08-09 at 03:51 PM.
    Thanks for the awesome avatar Qwent!