View Single Post

Thread: Campaign Setting PEACH

1. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Campaign Setting PEACH

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    It looks much better (literally, thanks for the reformat )

Mystic Gnomes look cooler, and their talk to animals ia actually useful! However, you may want to specify it a bit, since a gnome could technically communicate freely with a Roc or a Purple Worm. Actually, I'm not really sure. I doubt a creature with an Intelligence of 1 would have that much to say

I definitely like your cosmology so far, and your take on the magic system as well. Making the vitality points not count until 3rd level was a good idea too. At 3rd level, a mage would probably have 10-12 vitality points, with a max of 16. It may end up punishing sorcerers more, though, since they'd have 11-ish spells at 3rd level as opposed to 7-ish from wizards. I only have a vague understanding of Vitality points (just what's on the SRD), but I believe a spell-caster wouldn't be able to burn through his points entirely on spells, correct?
    I see nothing wrong with them talking to a Roc or a Purple Worm. Prolly wouldn't do them alot of good to talk to the worm, but they can try.

Technically a spellcaster could burn through his vitality points on just spells, but ideally they be more conservative, or have a high enough CON score to help them out. You're right though, the system is harder on sorcerers... I'm not sure what to do about that. It might be good to increase them to a d6 HD for this setting... I'll have to think about it. I'm also thinking something might have to be done about heal spells, I mean potentially the way it's set up, if a cleric or druid or such is trying to heal themselves, they could potentailly end up having it not be worth it.

I'll be gone for about a week soon and when I get back I'll prolly have a ton more ideas for this to post up, so that could help things along alot.
    Last edited by Katasi; 2008-08-29 at 06:41 AM.
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.