View Single Post

Thread: Final Fantasy X d20 (PDF Now Available!)

1. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    This enemy needs a point on what is a 'correct' target, and what is an 'incorrect' target. Granted, those who have played know, but others won't.
    Yeah, I wasn't satisfied with the Magic Urn that I posted, so I just re-did it. All is well now. The creature's abilities are clearer & it is much tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Did Magic Urn not have shed loads of hit points? Essencially making them undefeatable?
    Yes, they did. Combined with their Damage Reduction & Fast Healing, they should be indestructible by a non-epic party.

Quote Originally Posted by DMfromTheAbyss View Post
    -Magic urns-They had a bit of HP but you could definately beat them.

Also do you have anything on ultimate weapon from 7? There's a guy in the d20 forum asking about it...

Don't tell him I sent you... He's aparently intimidated by the brilliance of those hereabouts and too shy to ask for input.
    As for the first part, you could only defeat them if you could take out all of their HP in 1 hit (or 2 hits, if you were lucky). You wouldn't get anything for doing so, though, so there is no real point.

As for Kredine's desire to homebrew the Ultima Weapon (or, more accurately, to have someone else do it), I wish that I could help. I'm a little too busy at the moment with the arena monsters, & FF7 was a good game, but I doubt that I'll make a D20 conversion of it. Mayhaps, if I have time later, I will lend a hand. Lastly, our brilliance here is subjective, to say the least, so Kredine shouldn't be shy, as no one here will bite.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, I can't believe it took me this long to look at this. Simply freaking amazing. Kudos to you Kai. I just love practically everything about this.

Just a few notes in my rapid skim up to page 7.

Aeons seem underpowered. Sure they get 1-20 BAB but in the PrC's their 5th level attack abilities seem underpowered as are their overdrives. (Note that I'm only talking about Valefor, Iftrit, Ixion and Shiva.)

The classes are awesome but as big of a Rikku fan as I am I have some problems with the bandit class. I simply don't understand how bribe would function. (BTW, you have skilled sabotuer listed as a 20th level ability and bribe as the 19th.) I'm quite tired right now so I doubt I'm thinking clearly but it just feels a little weird to me.

The black mage should get water last since force resistance is extremely rare if it exists at all.

Also, what sort of action are the ronin's abilities like guard and the breaks?

Have you ever considered doing a play-test game in PbP? I would really love to play one.

Simply amazing job again.
    Thank you so much for the kind words, as always. As for your suggestions:
    • I may consider beefing up the Aeons, but they seem fine to me. Automatic hits & cheap damage is rather powerful, in D20 terms.
    • The Bribe class feature is a magical negotiation, plain & simple. You offer the money, & if its enough, the monster gives you an item & runs away. It's best not to look too closely into it.
    • The Bandit's table has been fixed. Thanks for the catch.
    • The Black Mage's abilities are not going to be moved around in order of acquisition. They appear here as closely to the order that they were received in the original game as possible. I've only moved around the Summoner's first few abilities for major game balance reasons (& popular demand), & that set off a 2-page debate that I am loathe to repeat. Water energy is treated identically to force damage for simplicity's sake, but there are numerous protections available, both in core D&D & in my FFX D20 conversion. In core, I'd house-rule that protection from energy & resist energy would apply to Water (Force) energy, but not real force energy. In FFX D20, there's Nul (the Summoner's 4th-level class feature), SOS NulTide (the +2 armor ability), Water Ward (the +3 armor ability), Water Proof (the +4 armor ability), & Water Eater (the +5 armor ability). These should be plenty sufficient.
    • The Ronin's Breaks are explicitly stated to be standard actions. The Guard ability is a a free action; an opponent just hits the Ronin instead of the protected target; this has been added for clarity.
    • I'd like to host a PbP game of this for interested players, but I'm not sure if I'll have time (RL demands are a pain), & it will have to wait for me to finish writing/editing/posting the rest of the monsters, so as to be fair to the players. Perhaps if someone else DM'ed the game, it would be easier, but I couldn't ask anyone to do that large of a favor for me, so I guess some brave soul would have to volunteer.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-08-31 at 02:17 PM.