Okay well I can see that monks aren't great but by the reactions of other people I was expecting something worse than "they can do a bunch of things but not as good as the experts." Plus if everyone gets locked in an AMF Jail they are going to be happy for the monk then. I always figured that monks were the best class against casters actually. They have all good saves (and as was stated as a detriment they need to get most of their stats atleast marginally good) so they are likely to make almost all their saves and (although it does make them less likely to hit) they can have insane AC. So that means no ray spells either. And no I am not even going to try restarting the melee vs caster debate. Just saying that monks resist spells a lot better than rogues or fighters.

Also although they have lower BAB and STR if they do enter a grapple they will really wail on you. Especially if you use a permenant enlarge person (although it lowers your AC and DEX it offsets the low BAB when it comes to a grapple) and Empty Hand Mastery. Then you can do 3d8 damage plus Str per attack. So atleast they can Wrestle.