View Single Post

Thread: Final Fantasy X d20 (PDF Now Available!)

1. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    I checked the SRD, & re-read the Natural Weapons section, the Full Attack portion, & other relevant passages of the combat rules, & I don't see anything that says monsters can't have up to 4 attacks. In fact, the full attack RAW seem to indicate that only 2 attacks is a strange exception, not the rule. If you can find the proper wording that clarifies this matter, please let me know. I'd prefer to be as true to monster creation guidelines as possible, of course. Until then, I'll just keep doing it wrong (or right, or whatever ).
    It's in the FAQ page 97 here's the relevant portion:

Creatures do not receive additional attacks from a high base attack bonus when using natural weapons. A young adult red dragon gets only one bite attack per round, even though a fighter with the same +19 base attack bonus attacks four times per round with a sword or other manufactured weapon.
    I had to learn this the hard way too. It might be in the Rules Compendium too. Those are considered the most recent rules. The SRD hasn't been updated.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2008-09-06 at 06:27 PM.