Quote Originally Posted by Syne View Post
No, this is a cool spell, but make no mistake. It's horribly broken. The unlimited effects pretty much make sure the machine can sustain itself (i.e. changing the world so that you are horribly rich and powerful on a planar scale, thus allowing you to procure all materials easily) or cause major alterations which will make its negative effects irrelevant.

As for this being a strictly villain spell, well, you don't really need such complex mechanics for villains
True, but this was inspired by Doctor Who and if you ever plan to run something similar to that, cheesy, over-the-top plans and spells like this are the bread and butter of the campaign. Well, that and you need important rules for when the PCs destroy the thing/take it over/build their own (because this is D&D and that will happen.) Aside from that, this could just be one of those weird magical things that people might know about but rarely does anyone witness firsthand. Like owlbears. Or oozes. Or watching Mechanus go to war in Beserker Mecha mode. Technically, they're all possible/exist (except maybe that last one) but you may never see them.

And if that doesn't work for you, just fall back on the I-did-it-for-fun! explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by JackMage666 View Post
That said, I agree. There don't need to be rules for everything in D&D. Some things should just be.
How the best Wishes are made. I will add a proviso stating that DMs should be careful when using this. Causality can be a bitch and a half to have to retcon.