1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [4e] Tholre's low-level wizard defensives.

I've tried to balance these more or less to PHB spells. Anyone see massive abuse potential? They are for a specific campaign so I am not too worried about the balance, but I don't want my party wizard going mad with power either.

Note that situational gravity is melee, hence the rather potent effect.

Tholre's Curious Bubble - Wizard Attack 1
    Encounter * Arcane, Radiant, Implement
    Standard Action, Ranged 10
    Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
    Hit: Target is surrounded by a rainbow-coloured bubble of light, but takes no damage this turn. At the end of your next turn, the bubble contracts for 1d8 Radiant damage. See Secondary Hit.
    Secondary hit: If the target tries to move or shift (not push/pull/slide) after initial damage is inflicted, the bubble bursts for 2d8+Int modifier radiant damage. If the target remains stationary, the bubble bursts at the end of your next turn for 1d4+Int modifier radiant damage.

Tholre's Situational Gravity - Wizard Attack 1
    Daily * Force, Arcane, Implement
    Standard action, Melee
    Target: One creature and any enemies adjacent to that creature.
    Hit: The target is dropped prone and immobilised until the end of your next turn, and slowed afterwards. Any attacks it makes against the caster are at -5 (save ends both).
    Miss: The target is dropped prone and slowed (save ends).

Tholre's Situational Gravity (Lesser) - Wizard Attack 1
    At-Will * Force, Arcane, Implement
    Standard action, Ranged 3
    Target: One creature
    Hit: The target is dropped prone and immobilised until the end of your next turn.

Tholre's Cleansing Light - Wizard Attack 1
    Daily * Arcane, Radiant, Implement
    Immediate Interrupt, Close Burst 2
    Trigger: An enemy enters a square adjacent to you
    Primary Target: The enemy that comes too close
    Attack: Intelligence+2 vs. Fortitude
    Hit: 2d8+intelligence modifier radiant damage and the target is pushed a number of squares equal to your wis modifier (add any additional bonuses to radiant damage to the number of squares pushed as well)
    Secondary target: All other enemies in burst
    Secondary attack: Intelligence vs. fortitude
    Hit: 1d8+Intelligence modifier Radiant damage, and target is pushed 1 square.
    Miss: Only the primary target and any enemies adjacent to it in the burst are affected, and all take half damage and are pushed 1 square.
    Last edited by Erk; 2008-09-29 at 02:50 PM.
    "River" cancels eat: Food is problematic.