Quote Originally Posted by Valdar View Post
Add a "me too" to Striker with a side of Controller from the description in Races and Classes.

Just noticed Barbarian is in playtest, and will be a Striker, so maybe Druid is being shifted off that role? There are two Martial strikers, so no reason why there couldn't be two Primal ones, though.

The cover art for PHB2 is up on Wizards' site, and there's a tagline "Arcane, Divine, and Primal classes". So, no Ki or Monk this time around...

Mearls has already described Bard as Arcane Leader, so that's very likely. Sorcerer may be in there as well.

From what I've heard, four Primal classes is likely (Druid and Barbarian, plus Shaman and Witch, or whatever the focus groups like for names for the last two), plus two Arcane (Sorcerer, Bard), and two Divine (new stuff probably). Another interview (forgot source) stated that PHB2 will be mostly new stuff, so there will possibly be only two other classes from 3e core in there (if they drop one of those, it will probably be Sorcerer, since the reason for the 3e Sorcerer's existence is gone with the new magic system...)
What do you suppose an arcane sorcerer's role would be?

I've seen lots of rumors that sorcerer will actually be part of the "elemental" power group, altho I'm not sure how many other classes they could come up with for that... Then again, the way some of the fluff is looking for the barbarian, maybe elemental got rolled into primal?