1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

[Part II up!] You are the Character: Survive, Part I

Edit: AREA 3 IS NOW UP! Head on over, Areas 1 and 2 are done!

Edit: Part II is now up! Check it out here.

For this what-if, you have only your own real-life skills. You do not have the skills of your D&D character. This is your chance to put your honed gamer mind to work in a real-world environment :)

You are the Character, Area 1

You wake up in the board room of the history museum where you work. You're seated in one of the chairs and had been asleep with your head down on the table.

You get up and try to leave, but find both doors locked. Because this conference room is built to impress donors, the doors are made of thick hardwood (and so is the conference table). The doors have metal frames and are currently secured with magnet-locks, presumably turned on by building security. The museum must be closed.

You have access to everything in the room, which includes a white board, cabinets with place mats and coasters, two shelves of books, the conference table and 20 luxururious rolling chairs upholstered with real leather.

You also have your keys (which include your house keys and the keys to your office door, but no keys to this room), a pen, your wallet and ID tag, and your cell phone with dead batteries.

Adjoined to the conference room is a small side-room which is unlocked. It has cabinets with disposable plates, cups, and plastic silverware. It also has a refrigerator, which contains frozen meals and a tray of ice cubes (top) and lots of sandwiches, leftovers, juices and sodas (bottom). Beside the fridge is a small push-cart (the kind that people use to move projectors, TVs, etc.) and a disassembled metal easel.

The conference room has a row of windows that are not meant to be opened. They overlook the museum patio more than four floors below. You on the top floor of a smooth-sided building.

Get out of the room. :)

About this game:
    Spoiler
    Show

I thought it would be fun. I don't think it quite qualifies as a "silly message board game"; that makes me think of tick-tack-toe-by-post. I hope it's okay I posted it in this forum.

If the game is popular I will keep it going.

Be realistic, and ask questions if you're unsure about something. I'll do my best to answer. I'm currently at work at the History Museum where I'm setting this little game, so if I don't know an answer I can probably go check the room and find out. If I take a while to respond it means my work load went up, but I'll be back.
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2008-10-30 at 12:48 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law