Would you propose an increase in the range for attacks from higher-level monsters, Debby? I'm attempting, of course, to emulate the abilities of the monsters from the original game, while still making them a credible threat at the chosen CRs. So some creatures (not many, but a few) don't get physical attacks. Also, the classes of FFX don't have an equivalent to hold person; a Ronin's Threaten ability comes the closest. I wouldn't be opposed to increasing magical attack ranges, perhaps using a system like the list below:
{table=head]CR|Range
1-5|30'
6-10|40'
11-15|60'
16-20|90'
21-25|120'
26+|Line of Sight[/table]
Obviously, there would have to be some suggestions, but that's my proposal for a fix. What do you think about that, Debby?

As for a PbP, I've never run one before, but I am intrigued by the possibility. After I'm completely finished with this, I'll be looking into starting one. If you're still interested, you may, of course, join up then. I'm still working on monsters (I'm posting them alphabetically), & I have some bonus material ready to go, as well, so it may still be awhile. I'll just keep plugging away at it until it's complete.