Quote Originally Posted by Smoke_Rulz View Post
I don't expect them to take it seriously. Nor any of our complaints seriously, really. After all, we're the evil tainted ones with our dirty D&D money.

And I will indeed wish ill will on their entire organization. I don't trust a single person who works for it, let alone the higher-ups. If you don't like it, that's really just too bad.
So, you're wishing ill will even the people who work hard at helping children and had nothing to do with the decision? You honestly see no problems with that? It seems to me you're acting just as snobby as the organization did.

However, this is exactly why I think that sending angry e-mails just to make yourself feel better, or sending them right after writing them instead of putting them aside for a while and then looking at them again before sending them, is a bad idea, because all it does is provide evidence that the D&D community is pretty malicious. A polite but firm letter would likely get a better reception. Granted, it might not get any reception at all, but it's much better than sending angry letters that make the D&D community look bad. If your motivation is only to make yourself feel better, you're honestly not much better than flamers on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by St.Sinner View Post
Huh. I wish I could say I'm shocked, but I can't really. I had a similar experience with another organisation of religious nutters at a fundraising event, only that time the game in question was Magic the Gathering. If you're already wondering how DnD could possibly be perceived as satanic, just try and work out how Magic the Gathering is supposed to be linked to "demon-worship" and "death culture", won't you.
Well way back when, it was in the official rulebooks that players would "ante" a random card up at the start of the game, and the winner would keep the anted cards. That's flat-out gambling, but to make things worse, there were even cards made that did things with it. For example, Demonic Attorney forced someone to add something to the ante or concede the game (giving up their already ante'd card) or a card that PERMANENTLY switched ownership of it and another card in play unless the opponent lost half of their beginning life (which would likely make them lose the game and their original anted card). One last example I need to mention is Amulet of Quoz, which, if your opponent doesn't add something to the ante, a coin is flipped to decide who wins (and thus who keeps the anted cards)

So as you can see, with a rule like that, and cards like that, I can see the reasoning for disliking the game on moral grounds. Of course, they got rid of the ante rule quite some time ago...