Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
I would like to think they would actually listen and maybe 1) give an apology and/or 2) not pass money up for ridiculous reasons next time. How much chance is there of that? Not much. But it doesn't take me much time to write an email that will also be cathartic to me, so I don't really consider it time wasted.

When put that way, no it doesn't. However, that isn't the only thing being said, nor are some people saying it at all. For example, I'm complaining because it was done unfairly and reflects poorly on them and insults us.

It's already been stated in this thread that they DO take money from organizations they aren't involved in, so obviously there is something else at work here.

For one thing, this is the Giant's forum. He made the rules. He is the only reason the rules are here, and are, indeed, enforced- it has nothing to do with some kind of overarching greater, infallible rule set, it is his preference and we abide by it because he wants the people in this forum to.

As such, if the Giant wants to peel back the rule for a little bit for whatever reason, it is completely within his rights.

For another, it's not like it is being ignored:

That aside, next:

Ah yes. Because spending more time attempting to do something good shields you from all the times you do something wrong.
Oh, wait, no it doesn't.
Maybe we could do more. But that doesn't excuse them for turning down an easy opportunity to help us do that.
The Giant is not the one making such statements, nor does he actively police these boards as far as I know. Despite that, yes it would be within his rights to ignore his own rules. It would certainly make me lose a great deal of respect for him, and make me stop posting here, buying his merchandise, etc, but he would be within his rights. Fortunately he has not done so. The mods on the other hand should be policing these boards. And these kinds of posts should not exist.

And I never said doing good shields you from doing wrong. But it cracks me up how much "holier than thou" people are getting with a charity.