View Single Post

Thread: Final Fantasy X d20 (PDF Now Available!)

1. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Yo, Zeta, I had a question about FFX that's been bugging me. I haven't quite finished the game yet, but through your research of the game's backstory, I figured you'd be able to answer it.

Anyway, do the people of Spira have abnormally large lung capacities, or is the water oxidized or something? 'Cause the characters are able to spend ridiculously long times underwater, and not just in gameplay (where I'd write it off as not important), but even in certain scenes *Warning Spoilers Below*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like where Tidus and Yuna were making out under water for a good 2-3 minutes.
    I may be mistaken, but the average breath holding time for humans is about 65 seconds. There is a reference in-game of blitzball players being able to sleep underwater even, but I've never really been sure.

It could have an impact in a d20 FFX game, like if a player wants to camp for the night underwater (and not be a hypello). Adding the water subtype while within blitzball stadiums was a good idea, but I'm not sure whether it would apply to the rest of Spira or not....
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2008-11-02 at 12:44 PM.