1. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIII, No Plot for YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    There's only 2 living Arcanians on Avbaroy, and a Lich.

I can appreciate the emulation concept, but it really cheapens the memory if every Tom, Declan, and Harriet decides to call themselves Arcanian.

Besides, it's one thing to be a captured member of la resistance, it's another to be a captured member of la resistance and an Arcanian. One of them will get you killed faster and hunted more passionately.
    Hey, being a resistance member was already bad enough in the empires eyes.

It was a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" Type of thing, If every time the empire captured a resistance member, or heard about some resistance activity, and the members said they were "Arcanian", it means that they would be less likely to notice or investigate reports of the Real Arcanians. This way the Igon and Rain might do somthing, and the empire would hear about "Arcanians in Blauport!", and say "Yeah, and in Salmonville, and in Lockatus, and in Softwind, and in Elwind, and in Schitzotect, buzz off"

And in terms of the cheapening memory, Originally it was Out of memory, in a sort of "Everybody who is oppressed by the Empire is Arcanian" type of way (Kind of like "Every Free Citizen is a Citizen of Berlin", although the speaker would rarely state immediately afterwords that they were a pastry).

Yeah sure it would have Cheapened the memory, but that may not have stopped people from doing it. It's a solution that requires no retconning to make sense.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-11-06 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]