View Single Post

Thread: Final Fantasy X d20 (PDF Now Available!)

1. - Top - End - #624
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

So, that's all the fiends. There are 205 of them, by my accounting, plus the 4 non-fiends (like Chocobos). I hope that everyone likes them. It took a long time to make them, & even longer to make them well. I once thought that I was going to be finished with FFX D20 by this point, but I was dead wrong. I have accumulated a wealth of bonus material, & I shall continue posting regularly until it's all here, too. So as one chapter ends, another one shall begin. My work is never complete.

For those of you who are interested in running a campaign in Spira, I've included a listing of the monsters in each of Spira's many locations. Each location has a full list of all the fiends & other Spiran creatures one could find there, with links to each monster's statistics. This should make it much easier to emulate an authentic FFX experience in a D20 game.

Also, the Table of Contents is fully up-to-date, with links to each entry in the project. This should facilitate easy navigation. One day soon, I'd like to compile all of this stuff into a massive PDF file, with pictures & other such awesomeness included. Wish me luck.

Lastly, damn you DebiHuman. Damn you to hell, with your "good ideas" & your "well-reasoned suggestions". Just shut up. In all seriousness, though, I've considered to your proposition to increase the ranges for the monsters' ranged attacks & magical effects, & I agree. I believe now that 30’ is just too short of a range, & is far too predictable, leading to poor game balance. So, in keeping with this change in design philosophy, I've gone through each monster's stats & edited them, increasing the ranges of their abilities. I've done this according to a formula for distances that I've crafted. That should make the fiends much more dangerous/unpredictable, & therefore more fitting of their CR (I'm always concerned that the fiends may be just a bit too easy).

A special prize goes to the person who first guesses the correct formula for the monsters' ranges. Here's a hint: if you're thinking of post #558, then you're partway there. Good luck.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-08 at 02:48 PM. Reason: added link