I'm about ready to start a renaissance/Enlightenment/steampunk setting, and I have a few things figured out, but I need to know if I missed anything or if I should change something.

Here's what I've given my players:

• The world has changed since 450 years ago. Social and philosophical change has taken the world by storm in a revolution, and with a revolution comes a new way of life. Art, science, logic and new technology has changed the rules for life, and the way to defend it.
  • Guns have become widely used by the people, while bows, crossbows and slings still remain popular for their spells and versatility.
  • Magic is still used, but the use of mechanics and engineering has made it a bit more rare.
  • Psionics has also taken an interest in by the new world, because while mechanics is seen as a science and magic a mystical study, psionics has become a pseudoscience with a little more reliability.
  • Monster are still abound the world, but have become more civilized, taking larger thinking and new technology in addition to their old ways.
  • Forbidden teachings such as warlock magic and pact magic have been pronounced as not being profane by the government (all the time). However, many people still haven't accepted this yet, and neither have many churches.
  • Belief is no longer fulfilled by gods or other powerful beings. Philosophy is a new, almost previously unexplored field for belief.
  • Racial harmony has come for the most part. Old prejudices still stand; Dwarves dislike eladrin, elves hate orcs, kobolds are still spiteful of gnomes, and all vice versa. However, they racism has become diminished, or become more subtle to say the least.
  • Class has become less important in the eyes of the law, and everyone from the poor thief to the corrupt aristocrat is prosecutable and punishable in the eyes of the law (though the higher ups can still manage to weasel out an offense if played right).

Also, if you would like to join, here's the game.