Quote Originally Posted by kasubot View Post
What i ask is if there is any good tips on how to attract the GM type, or even better any resources on how to get someone into GMing.
I recommend learning / training those in your club to GM. GMing really is not special or difficult. I'm certain some will disagree, but thinking GMing is only for a limited set of 'special' people does a disservice to gaming as a whole. It's elitist and artificially limits the pool of available GMs. GMing is a skill. It can be learned like any other skill.

As for resources, there are thousands including a sticky thread on this forum. In addition to that I recommend ars ludi, some of Greg Costikyan's articles, some of John Kim's articles (also links to other sites), Greg Stolze's How to Run (also a 'How to Play' on the same site if you're interested), Uncle Figgy's GM Guide, Ray Winninger's Dungeoncraft essays, Johnn Four's Role Playing Tips and Joseph Young's The Impossible Thing Before Breakfast.

You'll find different and even contradictory advice - but that's good. Not all groups, or people, are identical. Pick and choose what works for you and your group.

Hmm, I may cross post this in the sticky thread since I've gathered all the links together...