1. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

My first songfic. And a redemption fic as well, taking place directly after Sins of the Past.

I couldn't find a better youtube link. The studio version works better because, well, the screaming concert goers kind of kill the mood. Hopefully it still works. But if you have the Melissa Etheridge album Breakdown, listen to that instead.

I made my own video.

Into the Dark (redemption fic)
    Mordokai/Happyturtle

Spoiler
    Show

There were stairs they were steep
    I was falling falling deep
    You were there you were small
    There was screaming down the hall

He was no stranger to pain and death. It was part of the soldier's life. But though he'd not always been able to give his enemies a clean death, he'd never sought to prolong their suffering like he had today.

There was a power in that. As a paladin of Sune, he'd learned how to play a woman's body like an instrument for purposes of pleasure. Today, the screams he'd elicited had been screams of agony, but the feeling of control was the same. Just as sweet. Just as intoxicating.

I've been here sleeping all these years.

She stumbled through the camp, her mind still seeing the man Mordokai had tortured to death. She'd recognized the sadistic gleam in his eyes. She remembered how it felt to own someone's pain.

The worst had been the recurring thought: Amateur... you're moving too quickly. You aren't letting the dread build. Too deep... you severed the nerve. He isn't feeling any more pain from that arm.

She'd thought she'd left that part of her behind.

There comes a time we all know
    There's a place that we must go
    Into the soul into the heart
    Into the dark

He refused to feel doubts. Goodness, mercy, redemption--these had weakened him. Had weakened his land. Had emboldened his enemies. It had been irresponsible of him to expect a goddess of love to protect his realm. He was no longer good, but he knew he was right.

There was fire there was death
    There was lying on your breath
    I turned away I would pretend
    But the burning never ends

Why had she ever thought she could save him? Why did she think she could succeed where Flora had failed? There was a bond between the barbarian and the blackguard, but she knew it was not love. It was something far more primal, born of lust and blood and the heat of battle.

I've been here sleeping all these years

He stood over the battle table in the command tent, his servants moving figures as he gained intelligence from scouts and scries. Nil's lands first, because of the iron. Once he had control of the mines, he could get them working more efficiently, using methods that Nil was too weak to stomach. Then once he had the iron he needed, he could move to unite the lands and impose the peace that had been so elusive to the paladin of Sune.

Into the dark

No one stopped her when she went to the supply wagon and fitted herself up for battle. Leather armor, two short swords, an assortment of daggers. One wrist remained manacled, a few feet of chain dangling. Just another weapon after all.

She told herself that she wouldn't fight in his war. That she wouldn't follow him into the darkness.

But it felt good to have a sword at her side anyway.

There was a wave over the house
    There was fear choked in my mouth
    You were there you left your mark
    As I stumbled in the dark

There was no reason to be gentle. No reason to slowly seduce the woman beneath him. Why had he ever thought it important? She wanted him for the power he held, and he wanted her for his own pleasure. There was an honesty in their relationship, stripped down to a base exchange of value.

He rolled off of the concubine at last, turning away, trying not to hear her catching her breath, her soft whimpers. So much like hers. No matter what woman he took to his bed, he couldn't escape the memory of her dark eyes, her warm arms.

Into the dark

"Flora..."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-12-28 at 01:23 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs