Quote Originally Posted by Rei_Jin View Post
I'm amused that the one player has had two deaths in a row. I'd recommend they try out a more hardy character, such as a Monk2/Hexblade3//Sorceror5

You have Mettle, Evasion, Charisma to Save against spells, a good base on all saves, and (if you take the Ascetic Spellcaster Feat) Charisma to AC as well.

In regards to the atmosphere, part of it comes from how freaked out they are at the risk of death, and the other part comes from how immersed they are in the risk to the townsfolk and the people.

For my party, we're freaking out constantly. And we're due to play again this Saturday, we'll probably be taking out the fanes.

Eeep!
I actually forgot to mention that he's playing a Duskblade 6//Binder 6 (they leveled and I'm giving him the level too).

As for the feel... *sigh* I know that this is my fault for not creating a more immersive atmosphere, but they just don't CARE about the townsfolk, their characters, or anything really. I feel like I've failed along the way somewhere, and I'm not sure how to fix it, since I like a more immersive game experience. Should I just shut my mouth, and play the way they seem to enjoy? I mean, that's the DM's job, right?