Hi.

You're not quite alone. I know some players like yourself. My girlfriend is one. She loves daring, swashbuckling, charming heroes. She doesn't care for most anything else. So she hates systems along the lines of "fighters are stupid, hulking, frothing-at-the-mouth combat machines that can't do anything but wear heavy armor and hack at stuff with biiiig blades." Accordingly, she also likes her game worlds a little more upbeat (definitely not WFRP). Anything else, she just doesn't play. Not that she couldn't, she just won't, because she hates every minute of it.

Me on the other hand, I'm extremely relaxed about that. I play whatever the system serves me. In fact, I love random character generation, like in WFRP or Traveller, exactly because it challenges my preconceptions and forces me to kick the habit. Same goes for systems. I hate bad systems, clunky and unoriginal ones. Otherwise, I'll just play them.

As a GM, I'm a little less flexible, although not entirely rigid. I enjoy big campaigns and while I'll slog through rows of petty one-shots with nothing in common but the PCs, I try to avoid that (ironically, the most regular group I GM in plays just like that).

So, I guess you are a minority, but folks like you are definitely out there.
And, what's most important, you're not bad roleplayers. I'd play with a group of five people who know exactly what they want from the system and the game world, and just that, rather than with the same number of open-minded experimenters, who get bored with the game after six months and move on to new horizons, so long as the former people can agree on their style.

CU,
Halaster