Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
I left any qualifiers off for the same reason the OP left any qualifiers off... I wanted to shake people up, and start pointless arguments.

Seriously, adventurers and dragons and goblins seeling to release world destroying abominations don't exist in our world, so why do we come to this board and try to impose our morals and ethos on them?

Dragosn in OotSverse hunt and kill, take what they want, and have no pity on mere monkey people like humans, elves, halflings or dwarves. Yet now people are getting up in arms about a bunch of heroes who killed a dragon who was taking an active role in killing THEM! The black dragon family didn't gain it's wealth through prudent investments and long-term planning, they killed whoever had the wealth, ate them, and added the now deceased person's wealth to their personal hoard.

As for the metalic dragons, I don't believe we've met any (outside of my pet theory that Haley is a copper dragon, disguised as a human; and that she bluffed Durkon with the bald-faced truth), so it's hard to tell if metalic dragons are truly altruistic, or just have a better PR frim fronting for them. Probably the same ones that represented hamsters, thus convincing kids and thier parents that a rat is a perfectly acceptable pet!
Well, even standard rats are fine pets. My little sister had a couple. Fairly friendly critters if they don't have any parasites and are well fed.