View Single Post

Thread: Better the Barbarian

1. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Post Re: Better the Barbarian

Hello there,

I'm the player of the barbarian. I read your suggestions; taking a level of exotic weapon master was what I had in mind - but that would mean I'd have to change my fighting style from one-handed (currently) to two-handed. I think that may have gotten mixed up because of the words "big-sword-thing" that black&gold used in the opening lines.

Forgive me, but I'dont see why a greatsword should be that much better than a bastard-sword. On the average it's 1.5 Points of damage. With a bastard however I have the possibility to switch styles.

@person-man: why do you suggest such things? My barbarian is a 7th level human. I know that with mounted combat you might do a lot of damage - but how often are you mounted during a dungeon crawl or in a city? See what I mean?

In our group we use Core, PHB II, Complete Warrior and Complete Adventurer.
    + FR Player's Handbook.

My barbarian so far:

Barbarain 6 Ranger 1

Str 18/20 (gauntlets of ogre power, actually as "belt of the storm", that our nice wizard created for me) Dex 14 Con 12 Wis 12 Int 11 Cha 10

AC 21/22 +6 (+1)breastplate, +2 dodge +3 (+1)heavy steel shield + dodge

feats: Exotic weapon pr. Bastard Sword, Dodge, Power Attack, Survivor (bonus feat at start of play), Weapon Focus Bastard Sw.,

Saves: 11/7/4 (cloak of resistance+1)

Hitpoints: 53 (mew, shame on the dice and shame on me for taking such a low con-score)

+boots of speed (10 rounds per day, free action to activate)

attack: bastard sw.(+1): 14/9 d10+6 with rage/boots of speed: 17/17/12, d10+8

So that's pretty much it. I'm not sure which way to go on from that point. Damage isn't everything to me and I thought about taking more levels of ranger because of the nice saves and the skill points and the rapid shot feat.
    Not that the character is good at firing a bow, but sometimes you have to.

I will try to get a mithril breast-plate (+1), an amulett of natural armour+1 (or similar), gloves of dex.

Fighting two-handed might be a better option because the AC is to low with or without a shield. I don't know.

Thank you all for your suggestions and the time you took to help me.

Orlando Gardiner
    Last edited by OrlandoGardiner; 2009-02-07 at 03:50 PM.