View Single Post

Thread: Additional uses for sunder.

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Additional uses for sunder.

In my campaing, i've been experimenting in various ways to make sunder a more useful tactic in battle, by allowing it to be used more often on monsters. Its been working out pretty well so far, and has given the melee guys more ways to hamper their foes, but i'd like to know if any of you guys have any suggestions on this.

So far, i've told them with a houserule that you can attempt to "sunder" a foes Horn if it has one, or one of its limbs.

For a Horn, its just like sundering a weapon; if the opponent's horn is sundered its destroyed as if it were a weapon, though larger opponents can still make a slam attack with their head at a -4 chance to hit and damage in lieu of a horn.

For a limb, you as a standard action make a single attack against the foe's limb with a -4 to hit; if you either critical, or deal 25% of their HP in damage, The limb is destroyed to the point of uselessness (not neccesarily sliced clean, just smashed to a pulp or left hanging). The opponent loses usage of that limb, and takes a -2 to contitution, bleeding for 2d6 damage per round until they succeed on a dc 18 fortitude save or are healed.
    failing to deal enough damage just results in normal HP damage.

Opponents with fast healing or regeneration will regrow/heal their horns or limbs in the same time as it takes to regrow a severed limb.
    Last edited by krossbow; 2009-03-03 at 09:09 PM.