Okay, to set the scene:

The PCs were trapped in a semi-sentient private pocket prison hell dimension. Sucks to be them.

However, they discovered a way out, by basically tricking the prison into thinking that they are still there while catapulting themselves out. The catch was, in order for them to trick it, they each had to sacrifice something of themselves - something significant and intrinsic.

It didn't have to be something -valuable- to them - indeed, one of the PCs sacrificed their ability to feel pain, emotional or physical. Technically they still feel it, but any emotional attachment to it is lost - which on the one hand means that they function perfectly well through horrible torture (and indeed have since endured horrible torture without blinking, much to the frustration of the torturer) but have a much harder time figuring out when they're in danger (effectively, they have "Fine", "Wounded" and "Dead" instead of a knowledge of their HP) and a tendency to rather disturbingly laugh at things which the others find unpleasant.

Other sacrifices included "my wings" (A winged girl who could not actually fly with her wings, but they had great spiritual significance), "my health" (a flat -2 con), "my left hand" (The party barbarian felt that whatever damage that might do to his combat ability, he was NOT letting this place into his head) "my ability to reproduce" (Unfortunately for the somewhat flirtatious character who took this, it also took any DESIRE to reproduce with it...) and "my compassion" (One of two remaining good-aligned characters in the party, who was beginning to feel that his conscience was interfering with the jobs that had to be done...)

But one character, the party wizard, who is an extremely cold-attitude knowledge-is-everything woman who portrays herself as a necromancer because it tends to lead to less necessary social interaction, decided she would be clever and sacrifice "Her chance of finding true love" - something that she never really had any interest in in the first place, but when push comes to shove is an integral part of her destiny - and effectively sacrificing part of your fate into the hands of an evil god is generally... unwise.

The player spoke to me afterwards and agreed that he had every expectation that this bit of clever maneuvering would come back to bite her in the backside, so I'm not going to lose a friend over doing so :)

I've come up with a few ideas for ways to have this hit her, but I'm yet to discern a satisfyingly devastating one - so I'm throwing it out to the largest conglomeration of roleplayers I know off the top of my head.

Any suggestion as to what horrible fate should befall this tricksey wizard? =D