Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
Have you considered the UA fractional saves variant? It makes multiclassing suck less. The other alternative is a 2-level dip in Paladin or something for Cha to saves. Then the cloak does dual-purpose duty. What's your exact build? We can probably make you more SAD.
We're pretty well into the game, so rules changes aren't going to be an option. My character is a N human rogue1/fighter4/spymaster6, with plans to go into psion next level. Optimized? Hell no, but the best damn roleplay character I've ever made. The CHA booster is mostly in pursuit of that end; INT and CHA skills are very important for this character, and as I'm picking up a headband of INT +4, CHA is the one I still need.

As far as some suggestions: combining things as per the magic item compendium strikes me as more than a little broken. I might run it past my DM, but I have a feeling he's going to veto that.

I saw the vest of resistance, but my DM ruled that since I have magic armor (+2 mithral breastplate with light fortification), I can't wear a magic item in the torso slot.

The Belt of Magnificence is so incredibly beyond my price range, sadly. I'll go and look up the Luck Stone and Rod of Splendor to see if they're within range; I really don't want to spend too much on a CHA boosting item.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far everyone!