@ Jolly Steve: I think I'll up the fire mage's damage to 6. All these characters are meant to be placed within units. And while you'd probably most typically see mages in stacks of archers, they rock in infantry roles as well. For balance issues, however, I have decided not to let them get on horses.

@ Tsed: I think you have a bit of your history mixed up. Old British hunting bows had 70-80 pounds on the draw. Their longbows had 180 pounds on the draw. But I still get where you're coming from here, I appreciate the mongol's strength. Perhaps the points should be increased?

@ Thane: Thank you. The exercise of this game is not to mimic history, but to make your own history. However, whenever there is a historical reference to a unit in my game, I'd definitely want its abilities to be historically realistic.

I'm definitely willing to increase the points of the mounted bowmen. The concept is that the more technology you develop, the more your troops advance without increasing your military forces. That way, you can choose between a horde of primitive and weaker soldiers, or keep a relatively stable number of elite forces. If I increased them to 10, do you think that would be acceptable?