View Single Post

Thread: Actual Use For Vop! Come One Come All!

1. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Actual Use For Vop! Come One Come All!

Furthermore, it should be pointed out that the Vow is terrible in Epic play. I mean, technically speaking, the benefits end at Level 20.

I agree that one of the few situations where VoP can actually be quite good (mechanically speaking) is when you're using a Totemist or Incarnate, just 'cause their chakra binds take up body slots. I can't really think of any other situation where it is particularly effective... I mean, it actually hurts classes like the Soulknife.

Of course, that doesn't mean that VoP is useless; I mean, we are talking about a roleplaying game. It was a bit of a mechanical failure, in that the high-level benefits didn't really match what one could get from magical items, but it was only ever intended as a roleplaying thing.

Personally, I would still like to play my Healer with Vows of Poverty, Nonviolence, and Peace someday, just for the roleplaying experience. (Okay, I know, I know, don't use the Healer; use a Cloistered Cleric instead. )

[edit]
    {Scrubbed}
    Oh, and seconded. That was pretty annoying, to say the least. Trust me, being needlessly inappropriate hurts the reception of your arguments.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2009-04-19 at 05:38 PM.