I was thinking about the implications of the yet-to-be-revealed power sources today, and Ki in particular got me thinking. When it's come down to discussion, there's been speculation along the lines of Ninja as a Ki striker, Samurai as a defender or leader, and monk as various things (usually a striker or defender, but sometimes even a controller).

But rarely are any of the (other) Oriental Adventures classes mentioned. Wu Jen happens to be arcane in 3.5, while the shugenga is divine, but there's no reason one (or both) couldn't be folded into the Ki power source, filling the controller or leader gap.

But that's not actually my point. My point is that whenever the Ki power source is released, it'll likely give PHB# a very oriental bent. Is it possible WotC would take this chance to update Oriental Adventures stuff? While they probably won't update the actual campaign setting (I don't even know if they still have the rights to it), what's to stop them from statting out Spirit Folk, Vanara, or Hengeyokai? Or all the fairly unique weapons that were in OA? Not to mention the Asian-flavored Paragon Paths.

Basically, this is a roundabout way of asking if this has even slightly been hinted at or anything, or am I just making wild speculations? I don't keep up with Wizard's updates or announcements too closely, so I may be completely off-base here.